Saturday, January 24, 2009

Update: Saturday Jan 24th.

Still here in the hospital and it is still the plan that I will remain until they can get my blood levels thinned to a level of 2.0-3.0 (not entirely sure what that means, but I am just running with it.) That can take 3-5 days. I am getting shots of lovanox every 12 hours and will be on the anti-coagulant drug coumadin for at least the next six months. My grandmother informed me that ALL her friends are on coumadin (yay, I have 80 year old woman meds).
Essentially they are still thinking this just came out of left field. The hemotologist has ordered genetic blood testing to see if this could be some kind of blood disorder. He still feels it is most likely just a freak thing though. I fit none of the profiles for pulmonary embolism: elderly(not yet), sedentary lifestyle(with two growing boys? Nope), smoker(nope), heavy drinker (some days I wish, but no) or just having traveled a long distance (again, some days I wish...). Everyone seems quite baffled by the whole thing. Even the ER doc who made the initial discovery saw Chris leaving the hospital last night and commented on how big of a shocker this was! I have also learned from the hemotologist that it appears there is not one, but two clots, one in each lung. Well, at least I'm keeping things even. ;)
Anyway, thanks to all for the calls and emails you have sent. I feel very lucky to have such great friends and clients. I know this isn't going to keep me down for long. I am already getting reeeaaaalll antsy here in the hospital.
And you didn't think I'd post twice in a row with no pics, did you?
Here's a delightful family from last weekend. They were one of my nominees for the giving is awesome contest I ran on my blog before Christmas. Their little girl, K, has a very rare disorder but she is a little angel. I am so so so glad I got to hang out with the entire "O" family for a short time. They really touched my life. Hope you like your sneak peek!

'

Mom and little "K"
'

The whole family. The two boys are twins. SO cute!
"O Family"

Little miss "M"
"O Family"

"O Family"

"O Family"

2 comments:

stacey said...

Huge hugs Courtney! You know we're all thinking of you. Chris was on Coumadin after his accident. So see? It's just not 80 year olds. ;)

What a gorgeous family the "O"s are! I love the pic of mom with "K" and the whole family shot with big sis holding one of the boys.

Now, get better quick! We love you!

Kelly & Becca said...

Just stopped to look at your blog (love the photos, you are so talented) and saw that you were in the hospital.

Please let me know if I can do anything for you or your boys.

xo

Becca