Friday, January 23, 2009

Some days, you get lucky.

Today was my day. Last night I began feeling a little sick. I had some pain in my stomach and a slight pain in my chest. I didn't think much of either and went to bed early. This morning I woke up, after a long night with Fin, who was throwing up. I went downstairs and told Chris I wasn't feeling well and asked him to stay home for a little while. I passed out and he woke me up and we decided to head to the ER. I was sure it was something simple, maybe a weird flu or at worst appendicitis.
After a series of tests, the doctors are still unsure what is causing my stomach pain. The ER doc decided to run a chest CT as well just to rule out that pain. Thankfully he did that! I have a pulmonary embolism and will be in the hospital for observation and treatment for the next 3-5 days. If you had a session schedule with me this week, you should have received an email. I will contact you to reschedule ASAP. I also have a couple of orders that will be delayed in going out.
I don't normally get quite so personal on my blag (although I do get personal) but if you are the praying type I would greatly appreciate your prayers. The doctors are very confident that I will be just fine, but we're all a little scared, since this is very rare in someone young with no other health issues.
I do feel lucky. If I had not come in today this could have been a lot worse. Good news is I will probably have a lot of spare time on my hands to proof sessions I have waiting in the ranks! So do check back for updates and some sneak peeks!

4 comments:

Jennifer O'Donnell said...

My prayers are with you Courtney. I'm so glad you're being watched over carefully at the hospital and that they caught it.

Anonymous said...

Courtney, you are in my thoughts and prayers. ~Lori Kwilecki

Anonymous said...

Oh, how scary. I am the praying type and will be praying for you! Feel better!

Unknown said...

I am praying for your quick recovery Courtney!