Saturday, August 20, 2011

Baby, you're a firework.

I've been so late this year posting my kids birthday session posts. But, you know what they say about the cobbler's kids with no shoes.
My little {big} boy turned 6 last month. Grady. My first baby.My sweet blue eyed dazzler's going to first grade on TUESDAY. I can't even really think about that or I start to get a little teary. He had an awesome 5th year. He did so amazing in kindergarten, and is reading full books to anyone who will listen. He is still my sweet, sensitive little guy. Smart as a whip. He loves to dance {although unfortuately he gets his moves from my husband} and run. This year he learned how to ice skate. He absolutely loves to laugh.

web1

web2

He just got glasses, and without them I can still see traces of the little baby that he emerged from.

web3

But with them, he suddenly LOOKS six to me.

web4

web5

web6

The biggest thing that I want to say about Grady is though, that he is the best big brother. He adores his brother. He will routinely give up something he's playing with when Finn starts to cry. And if he gets the last green lollipop, he will gladly give it to Finn, even though green is his favorite color. He is always on the lookout to protect Finn, and we even have to remind him that he's not the dad. He loves that kid.

web7

web8

web9

web10

And Finn thinks he absolutely hung the moon, and probably the stars and the sun too.

web11

Seeing what a great kid my guy is absolutely leaves me speechless daily. Have a great year, "monk".

3 comments:

Kori Clark said...

Oh my goodness....I am seriously crying right now! This post is so sweet, Grady is so sweet, and the love he and Finn share is so amazing! These photos capture both of their personalities perfectly!!! They are both amazing little guys and we are so lucky to have them in our lives. Happy Birthday Grady!!!

Terra said...

Awww so sweet!

Rochel said...

That is so sweet. I LOVE the glasses :) Super cute. That last pic is priceless. You're a lucky mommy :)